Here are the current job openings available at Silent Drive :
Welders – 1st Shift (Full and Part-time positions):
Our Welders are responsible for the welding and assembly of heavy duty lift axles and suspension systems. Must have excellent attendance and safety record, ability to lift up to 50 lbs., accurately read tape measure and blue prints as well as pass weld qualification test. Full-time regular work hours M-F 6:30a – 3:00p with overtime as needed. Part-time positions have flexible work hours including some evening hours available. Starting pay for experienced welders is $18.
Assemblers – 1st Shift (Full-time)
Our Assemblers are responsible for the assembly of heavy duty lift axles and suspension systems using hand and power tools. Regular work hours M-F 6:30a – 3:00p with overtime as needed.
Inside Sales Specialist (Full-time)
Duties of the position include:
- Provides technical and sales assistance to customers in identifying parts for replacement purposes.
- Receive / process orders, provide information regarding changes in pricing, service, and shipping.
- Prepare quotes for customers and sales reps as requested.
- Provide customer support regarding part numbers, pricing, orders, etc. and assists in rolling out pricing adjustments.
- Maintains Sales and Marketing literature inventory.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a comparable discipline and at least 1 year related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in heavy duty truck component manufacturing.
- Previous order entry and/or quoting experience.
- Proven abilities in providing exceptional customer service.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking and time management abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- High level of accuracy and detail with error-free orders.
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer application (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Handle customer inquiries, processing orders, and communicating by phone/email, in a timely professional manner.
- Interacting with sales and production to fulfill customer orders efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our product, service, and capabilities.
- Ability to work in a small office environment, where everyone wears “many hats”.
Silent Drive by Dexter offers excellent benefit package including three medical plans, two dental plans, and vision benefits along with company paid life insurance, short term disability, 11 paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match and safe harbor contribution as well as a host of other voluntary benefits.
Apply in person at: 1300 Arizona Place SW, Orange City, IA 51041, phone (712)737-4865.